Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida - Miami Center
- Mike Moorhouse, Director of Sales, Cambridge Architectural
- Location: Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Winter Park, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
- Year Completed: 2009
- End Use: Retail
- Architect: Felix Pardo and Associates, Inc. - Miami, FL
- Architect of Record: BDG Architects - Tampa, FL
- Prime Design Firm: Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc.
- General Contractor: iConstructor, LLC – Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Ft. Lauderdale), Solutions Constructors, LLC - Tampa, FL (Winter Park)
- Owner: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. – Jacksonville, FL
One of five brand new Florida Blue Centers to feature a Cambridge mesh system, Florida Blue Miami features reflective stainless steel metal fabric panels that naturally backlight the building’s marquee signage outside and bring soft, natural light and shadows inside. The intricate texture of the Cambridge architectural mesh system creates a translucent quality that facilitates depth, while offering a completely new aesthetic favored by five different architectural firms building five different Florida Blue Centers in the area.
The sleek, modern panels of Cambridge architectural mesh add another layer of design, bringing an entirely new texture and point of interest to the building.
The architectural mesh system installed at Florida Blue Miami, in addition to providing a sleek exterior aesthetic, allows just the right amount of sunlight inside as the day progresses. By facilitating daylighting, Cambridge’s system makes the experience for Florida Blue customers all the more pleasant and comfortable.
The Cambridge architectural mesh system at Florida Blue Miami is made entirely of recyclable stainless steel, possessing inherent sustainable benefits. Furthermore, its lightweight composition requires minimal structural support, so the system’s installation was seamless. Stainless steel metal fabric is also extremely durable, with a life cycle that far outlasts alternative products. Cambridge Architectural is an active member of the USGBC®, and helps architects take maximum advantage of LEED credit through the many categories in which architectural mesh systems apply.