Nemours Children Hospital, Orlando
- Sheila I. Colón, AIA, LEED AP, Stanley Beaman & Sears - Atlanta, Georgia
- Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
- Year Completed: 2012
- End Use: Healthcare, Parking Garage
- Architect of Record: Stanley Beaman & Sears – Atlanta, GA
- Prime Design Firm: Stanley Beaman & Sears – Atlanta, GA
- Additional Architect(s): Finfrock Design, Inc. – Orlando, FL
- General Contractor: Skanska USA – Orlando, FL
- Construction Manager: Skanska USA – Orlando, FL
The parking facility at Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando, Fla. uses a Scale pattern mesh on its façade, masking the structure to make a seamless transition between the aesthetic of the main building and the utilitarian garage. The metal mesh system, woven from stainless steel, not only provides a unique and sustainable façade, but also secures the areas of its coverage.
The metal mesh façade not only serves to mask the garage, but also provides natural daylighting and ventilation into the structure. The lower floor coverage acts as a security screen, allowing for visibility and keeping vehicles, and their owners, secure.
All stainless steel architectural mesh systems are comprised of recycled materials and are 100% recyclable. They are virtually indestructible and require little to no maintenance to stay in pristine conditions, regardless of climate or weather.