South Florida Community College Theatre for the Performing Arts
- Ron Wiendl, Leo A. Daly
- Location: Avon Park, Florida, United States
- Year Completed: 2010
- End Use: Academic, Theater
- Architect: Leo A. Daly - West Palm Beach, FL
- Prime Design Firm: TSG Design Solutions, Inc. - West Palm Beach, FL
- General Contractor: Matthews Construction - Miami, FL
- Installer: Florida Aluminum and Steel - Fort Meyers, FL
- Owner: South Florida Community College
The South Florida Community College Theater for the Performing Arts underwent renovations to transform the venue into a high-end performing arts center, increasing seating, to feature new and innovative artists such as the mind-boggling Circurious.
The brass Plank mesh accentuates the lobby staircases, as well as the balcony boxes within the theater, and is contrasted by the dark red velvet of the seating and trim, giving the theater a vivacious glow.
The brass mesh acts as an acoustic baffle to improve sound quality within the theater, replacing standard kneewalls to give the theater interior a distinctive look that glows in the vibrant theater lighting. The effect is beautiful and dramatic to match the performances on stage.
Cambridge Architectural incorporates recycled materials into its handwoven metal mesh, and is in and of itself, 100% recyclable. Mesh systems require virtually no maintenance and can be cleaned without harsh chemicals or special equipment. All architectural mesh systems are indestructible and offer unparalleled form and function to any design.